Rooster

Rooster on PhotoPeach

Thursday, January 9, 2014


Day six was a particularly stressful day for my group.  Due to the lengthy rooster demo on day 4 our group had to produce two yeasted products in addition to working on our rooster showpiece, and planning our final marketing project as a group.  Personally the most challenging part for me is remembering that our groups production takes priority over our showpieces.  There is a standard that Chef Hitz reminds us of frequently and in order to meet that standard we must focus our attention on executing each product so the customer is satisfied.  This of course is  much easier said than done. I think one of the most challenging aspects of this course is finding a balance in your production schedule that allows you to not only successfully produce the required products, but also make progress on ones showpiece.  
Getting a game plan so to speak before the days production is critical to ones success in this course.  In addition to preparing for the next days production, working on dead dough pieces at home should become a part of your routine.  So after a physically and mentally draining week I finished my rooster showpiece and am quit relieved to have completed it successfully.  Although these past few days required a lot of work and focus, it was really rewarding to see my hand crafted showpiece come to life.  Whenever I am going through a challenging point in any lab I always keep in mind that " when the going gets tough, the tough get going".  

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment