Rooster

Rooster on PhotoPeach

Monday, January 13, 2014

For my picture contribution I decided to include an image of my group's final model interpretation of our marketing showpiece.  I know personally when I was making and assembling my rooster it was a bit difficult to visualize how it would look in a three dimensional version rather than a sketch.  because of  this it took some time to figure out how big I should create some elements and figure out how they would fit together in the finished showpiece.  While this was less challenging in a relatively small design such as the rooster, a more defined plan must be made in creating anything bigger and that is where the 3D model comes in.  The model was vital in creating the design of the showpiece as it allowed us to not only view our ideas in a true to reality way, but also share them with chef in order to gain his input.  This then allowed us to manipulate the physical elements of the model in order to create a final version.  Going into the production of this showpiece I feel less stressed knowing exactly what has to be made and knowing its exact final placement on the piece.  This way we are sure that design has a focal point, good flow, and stability before working with the delicate and fragile dead dough pieces.  Going into the day of assembly I am slightly nervous but mostly excited to see how our final piece will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment